** According to current Child Protective Services Laws, anyone who volunteers in an environment with direct contact with children is required to show proof of clearances before interacting with children. A volunteer can obtain these documents conveniently online now. Copies of your clearances obtained for different purposes are not valid. The following links contains some information on how to get your clearance and about Child Protective Services Laws:
All Volunteers Must Fill Out An Application:
PA State Criminal History:
- Go on this website: PA Criminal History
- Click on the link “Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) Website” and fill out all of the necessary information.
- There is an $8.00 fee.
- Print out a copy of your clearance and SAVE
PA State Child Abuse History:
- Go to the child abuse history clearance access portal through through this website: PA State Child Abuse History
- Click on the link “Create Individual Account” and follow all of the steps to complete your clearance.
- There is and $8.00 fee.
- Print out a copy of your clearance and SAVE the original.
- The state laws regarding FBI Clearances recently changed. This document is not necessary for a volunteer to have unless:
- You have been a resident of PA for 10 years
- Must affirm in writing that you are not disqualified due to any convictions listed under the Child Protective Services Law
- If you do not meet any of these requirements then you MUST obtain your FBI clearances.
- You can register to get your fingerprints done online at: Register to get fingerprints
- The fee is $25.75.
- There are locations to get fingerprints done in Grove City and Butler.
- Make sure to SAVE the original document and to give the park office a copy of your fingerprint results.